The first issue of Stuck in the Gutters for 2016 is shaping up pretty nicely, if I do say so myself. Lots of good comics and essays in this one. But, don’t take my word for it. Check out what’s in store below!
- Bobby Simpson and Mat Nixon bring us the comic short, “My Coworker Doesn’t Care About The American Dream”
- Alex Jourdain and Wonwoo Jung bring us the five-page “Scrap”
- Ricardo Mo and Jordan Kroeger continue the story of “Wrestlers vs Aliens”
- Dino Caruso and Sami Kivela give us “The Shot Heard ‘Round The Worlds”
- And Paul Jeter returns to SITG with a new short, “A Personal Hell”
And for the essays we have:
- Tyler Hallstrom talks about Jason Brubaker, reMIND, and Coffee Table Comics
- Charles Joy gives us a little family, and comic book, history in his questioning of Superman’s muscularity
- Jeremy Holt has another installment of his “Strange Love” essays, looking at the journey of breaking into comics
- Alex Reynolds talks about Bill Finger and his contributions to Batman, just in time for his 102nd birthday
- And Cedbill takes a look at superheroes their reluctance to kill.
If you need to catch up on any of the previous issues of Stuck in the Gutters, they’re always available on Gumroad as a pay what you want download.