June has came and went and with that came a bunch of great submissions for the magazine. I was, admittedly, surprised by the amount of quality submissions I received and the varied styles of art and writing that they represented. At my last count, at least 4 countries and 3 continents were represented in this issue, which is roughly 4 countries and 3 continents more than I expected. With that said, let’s do a little run down of who all will be in this issue. On the comics side of things we have:
- Alex Diotto and Josh Trujillo collaborated on a short comic, “The War”
- Stu Perrins and Brian Burke have a one-pager, “Fancy”
- Paul Jeter has a short, “Far Future”
- Benjamin Anthony will have an illustrated interview
- Gareth Cowlin will have a couple newspaper-style comics included
- There will be a preview of Jordan Kroeger‘s “The Fist”
- Kelly Williams will have the first serialized installment of his comic “Cast Out”
- Marc Jackson will have a short, “Man From Space”
- Bobby Simpson will have a comic, “Jack Kirby at the Movies”
We’ve got some good comics, guys. And on to the written portion, we have:
- Rudy Trevizo with a look at the mythology and religion in recent Thor and Wonder Woman runs.
- Josh Flynn talking about the power of superheroes and comics.
- Jess Camacho telling us that licensed don’t have to be bad.
- Jideobi Odunze examining how to walk the line between shared universes and crossover fatigue.
- Jeremy Holt sharing part of his “Strange Love” column about breaking into comics.
- Tyler Hallstrom talks about using certain artistic influences in your comic work.
- Alex Mansfield explores that fickle thing known as nostalgia.
- Ryan K. Lindsay and Dan Hill give us some insight into Fury MAX.
I can say, without bias, that this issue is going to be something that I am going to be ridiculously proud of. All these people brought something different and cool to the table and it should be awesome to see it all come together. If any or all of that sounds halfway interesting to you, head on over to the Patreon page where you can support the magazine and get sneak peeks and early issues in return.